The Canadian government intends to hire a million immigrants as unskilled laborers to fill in the country’s workspaces. These foreign workers are needed because there are only a few locals employed for this work. That has made this opportunity a good one for you to apply for as a foreigner.
Moreover, most immigrants like Nigerians, Indians, Filipinos, and Indonesian who want to apply for unskilled jobs in Canada may benefit from this job advertisement.
It appears that Canada is having a demand for an unskilled workforce. According to professionals in the field of recruitment, the country is experiencing a severe job scarcity.
While most of these options are skilled job openings, there are thousands of unskilled job openings in Canada, including 38,000 construction job openings, 45,900 hospitality job openings, over 50,000 retail job openings, and thousands of truck drivers and taxi drivers employment.
In this manner, because of the unavailability of unskilled labour jobs in Canada for foreigners, the Canadian government has been forced to offer positions in Canada to unskilled workers.
The most interesting part of this offer is that unskilled workers’ average salaries are so high that the minimum wage with the average pay exceeds $20 000 per year. If you are looking for work in a North American country, you can go about the application process highlighted below.
How to Apply for Unskilled Jobs in Canada with a Sponsorship Offer
If you’re thinking about the application process for unskilled jobs with scholarship offers in Canada, then you should consider this information important.
- First, if an employer is willing to sponsor a visa for an unskilled worker, then such employer must have a positive LMIA before an employee may apply for a work visa. LMIA stands for Labour Market Impact Assessment – a document required from an employer in Canada before hiring a foreign worker. An approved LMIA is required before a sponsored working visa can be issued. This documentation is the hardest thing to achieve, especially when involved in a low-skilled position when many local Canadians are capable of executing the work.
- However, if the employee is working outside of Canada, the employer is usually responsible for the employee’s travel and visa costs.
- You’ll need to find a qualified employer willing to help you with the visa sponsorship process. In distant areas where local skills are few, look for multinational brands or firms.
List of Unskilled Jobs for Foreigners in Canada 2021
If you’re contemplating a good unskilled job in Canada for foreigners, then this is an opportunity for you. If that’s truly the case, then relax; here is a variety of job opportunities, vacancies, and employment prospects for unskilled foreign workers in Canada.
Below is the rundown of the latest unskilled jobs for foreigners in Canada:
- Factory Helper
- Construction Worker
- Fish Cutter
- Fruit Picker
- Seasonal Farm Worker
- Crop Harvesting Worker
- General Farm Worker
- Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
- Food Processing Worker
- Food Counter Attendant
- Truck Driver
- Farm Labourer
- Bakery Production Worker
- Meat Cutter/Butcher
- Kitchen Helpers
- Poultry Farm Worker
- Gas Station Worker
- Warehouse Worker
- Cloth Factory Worker
- Supermarket Staffs
- Room Attendant
- Live-in Caregiver
How Can Foreigners Get Unskilled Jobs in Canada?
Let’s take a gander at how to get an unskilled job in Canada as a foreigner.
The basic thing here is that Canadian citizens or permanent residents can apply for any job that requires unskilled labour. That means that they are not restricted to the type of job in the country.
On the other way, if you are neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident, your only choice is to apply for foreign worker immigration to Canada.
Non-resident people in Canada must complete the Canada unskilled work visa application process, which can take up to five years.
During this time, they must follow all procedures, complete all requirements, and earn enough points to be eligible.
Moreover, in the process, applicants will need to have at least a basic level of financial stability by submitting a bank balance statement.
Note that your chances of obtaining a work permit visa for unskilled worker employment in Canada are quite slim. If a company in Canada wishes to hire foreign workers on work permits, they must show that they have exhausted all other opportunities to fill the unskilled labour position with a Canadian. They must also demonstrate that a limited number of unskilled people in Canada are qualified for the job and can fill it.
Foreigners in Canada only need to meet the bare minimum requirements for jobs in the country.
Candidates must have the following requirements to apply for the best job openings in Canada:
- First, when you are satisfied that your qualifications match the job description, then you’re good to go.
- You should also have the ability to study and communicate in French and English, which is the country’s most popular language.
- Your schooling should be at least the bare minimum: Excessive Faculty handed, i.e. Technical Topic Most well-liked. Expertise in related fields is in high demand.
- The age range of applicants should be between 21 and 39 years.
- Documents such as a valid passport and other papers will be required.
Having a job (even unskilled) in Canada is good because the pay there is pretty good. However, the chances of being recruited as an unskilled worker in Canada are nearly nil. That does not rule out that you may be considered for an unskilled job as a foreigner in the country.